Day 1 has finally arrived like Christmas morning. Except today I woke up to the citrus flavor Fiber drink, 20 oz of water, and 2 fruits. The water and the fruit are like the sock and underwear you get every year from Santa – expected, safe choices, average enjoyment. The citrus flavor Fiber drink was the coal in my socking. Except Santa stuck around to throw that coal in my face! Was it the worst tasting drink ever? No. Will I continue the program? Yes. Would this flavor change my mind about doing a 2nd cleanse? No. Will I be drinking the peaches and cream next time? Hell Yes! I’m probably exaggerating My wife, a veteran of the diet drinks and cleanses, tells me it was not that bad. Fine, i drank it. I chased it with 10 oz of water and grapes and an apple. Within 3 seconds the taste and the awfulness was gone. On with the cleanse and the assessments…
I will post and discuss my assessments in another post.
My thoughts on today…It was easy. After getting past the Fiber drink, all I had to add to my day was a SPARK (yum!), 4 OmegaPlex at dinner, and 3 Herbal Cleanse tablets before bed. The additional pills increased my water intake. I felt energized all day. SPARK had much to do with that 🙂
After I kill it and you see the results I earned with the AdvoCare 24 day Challenge, you are bound to ask “hey mike, what did you eat?” “Hey Mike, how did you workout?” So I will do my best to answer those two questions each day while sharing my experiences with the products and the challenge.
- Meal #1 – Fiber Drink, water, grapes, apple.
- Meal #2 – A grilled, marinated chicken breast on a whole grain wrap with romaine and arugula lettuce. more water. gummy vitamins (I will upgrade my vitamins to AdvoCare when I finish them)
- Meal #3 – 6 egg whites, 2% cheese, mixed veggies, turkey sausage, salsa. Diet ginger ale.
- Meal #4 – SPARK + creatine, scoop of organic Peanut Butter, carrots.
- Meal #5 – POST workout. Protein Shake – 1/2 banana, 1 muscle milk lite (only because we has some left over), 2 scoops of whey protein, ice, creatine. 4 OmegaPlex..
- Meal #6 – steamed veggies, 1/2 a protein bar (actually finished my son’s :). more water.
- Before bed – Herbal Cleanse tablets. more water.
Today’s workout: It was slightly modified because I lifted in my garage today.
- Warmup – foam roll, jump rope, mini bands, various lunges, 2 sets of Abs.
- Deadlift – 135×5, 185×5, 225×5, 275×5. 5 sets of 315×5
- Front Squat – 5 sets of 8 reps with 155 lbs
- BB Hip Thruster – 2 sets of 12 reps @ 165 lbs