Wednesday, November 07, 2012 – Recovery and Low Carb Day.
Day 7 of the MAX Pack phase. I have altered my workouts for enhanced fat burning – Decrease Heavy Strength Training (>90% max), Increased Strength Circuits, and even added a little Interval Cardio. Yup, it is true. I have added cardio as evidence of the last 3 days. The MAX Phase is going great so far. The MNS is easily fit into my schedule. I still love SPARK pre-game. I also still take my OmegaPlex left over from the Cleanse phase at night.
- Before Breakfast – 1st Yellow MNS packet + Coffee
- Meal #1 – Super Shake – Meal Replacement Shake (MRS) + 1 RTD Muscle Milk Lite (it was left over so I threw it in), ice, water, and coffee for a little mocha taste.
- Pre Workout – SPARK
Today’s Workout @ The Peddie School Fitness Center
- Recovery and Interval Cardio Day
- Warm-up – foam roll quads + IT bands. Dynamic – various lunges, T balance stretch, piriformis stretch. 5 minutes Bike.
- 20 minutes of Treadmill Sprint Intervals
- 2% incline @ 6 mph jog warm-up for 3 minutes (got real board, real fast)
- 2% incline @ 8 mph for 30 seconds = 154 bpm. Rest recovery to 120 bpm (2 minutes) x3
- 2% incline @ 10 mph for 15 seconds = 152 bpm. Rest recovery to 120 (90 seconds) x2
- 4% incline @ 8 mph for 30 seconds = 152 bpm. Rest recovery to 120 (2 minutes) x3
- 15% incline @ 3.5 mph WALK for 1 minute = 160 bpm (my calves were on fire!).
- 3 min cool down
- Cool Down – foam roll and stretch
- Meal #2 – Post Workout – 2 scoops of Whey protein
- Meal #3 – Lunch at the Peddie School dining hall. Salad Bar (heavy on the beans because their was no good source of protein), bowl of fresh mixed fruit. + Both White MNS packets
- Meal #4 – Small Protein Bar, water, + 2nd Yellow MNS packet
- Meal #5 – Small Protein Bar, water (obviously cause by a small lunch)
- Meal #6 – Almonds. Apple. Turkey. Broccolli and hummus. Chicken. Pop. Water. Grapes. Strawberries +4 OmegaPlex